As an injury law trial attorney, Lauren D. Fraser has successfully resolved cases for injured clients through settlement and jury verdict, having obtained some of the largest verdicts for injured clients in NJ.
A lifelong resident of Sussex County, NJ, upon graduation from High Point Regional High School, Lauren received her Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science from Rutgers University and her Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall University School of Law. Following law school, Lauren served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Karen D. Russell, J.S.C. (ret.).
Lauren is a nationally recognized trial attorney and has been listed as one of the Top 100 Trial Attorneys in New Jersey by the National Trial Lawyers Association. She has been listed consistently as a New Jersey Super Lawyer and Super Lawyer Rising Star since 2008 in Personal Injury Law. In 2012, Lauren was recognized as a New Jersey Law Journal New Leader of the Bar.
Lauren is a Past-President of the Sussex County Bar Association (2014-15) and served as an Executive Officer from 2010-2016. She is a Trustee to the New Jersey State Bar Association serving as Co-Chair of the Automobile Litigation Committee and former Vice-chair (2016-17) of its Amicus Committee. She is a member of the Board of Governors for the New Jersey Association of Justice and an active member of the American Association of Justice (Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway and Premises Liability Section). Lauren is also a member of the Sussex County Chamber of Commerce and a former Foundation Board Trustee for SCARC. (2010-2012)
Lauren is a frequent speaker and faculty member on topics of trial preparation and trial presentation for the American Association for Justice, New Jersey Association for Justice and the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
In 2013, Lauren formed the Women's Entrepreneurial Network (WEN) to foster a community of collaboration and to offer educational resources for women business owners in northern NJ. She is also the co-founder of Full Court Marketing and Trial Strategies, a firm that offers consulting and training specifically for attorneys and law firms in the areas of law firm content social media marketing, trial preparation and presentation.
Lauren is an active member of the Salt Shakers Running Club and is both a dancer and dance mom with Synergy Dance Company. In her spare time, she enjoys writing fiction and is the published author of two young adult novels, Trinity (2012), Queen Makers (2016) and has a third book, Rose of the Field (expected 2019), on the way. Trinity went on to be an Amazon best-selling new release in its genre in 2012.
June 2017-present. The Fraser Firm, Attorneys at Law, LLC Sparta, NJ.
- Plaintiffs' Personal Injury practice focusing in spine injuries, motor vehicle crashes, trucking litigation, premises liability cases, and wrongful death.
- Criminal, Municipal Court Defense - Drug Offenses, DUI/DWI, Traffic Offenses.
- Lecturer/Instructor on trial preparation, trial presentation, focus groups, law firm marketing - AAJ, NJAJ, NJSBA, Advocacy 360 and various state bar associations throughout the US. Topics include: Maximizing Damages, Presenting Harms and Losses, Effective Opening Statements for Plaintiffs and Criminal Defense Cases, Using a Neuro-Radiologist to Prove Causation in Spinal Injury Cases, Story Telling at Trial, Cross Examining Defense Experts, The Time Unit Rule, Presenting Expert Testimony, Juror Decision Making, Focus Groups.
- Top 100 Trial Attorneys in New Jersey â€“ National Trial Lawyers Association - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Top 25 Women Trial Attorneys in NJ- National Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- NJ Super Lawyer, Personal Injury - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Trustee, New Jersey State Bar Association (2015-present); Chair - Auto Litigation Committee; NJ Lawyer Magazine Editorial Board; Membership Committee; Meetings and Programs Committee; Vice-Chair - Amicus Committee (2016-17).
- Board of Governors, New Jersey Association for Justice.
- Faculty Member; Motor Vehicle Litigation Group Liaison; Trucking Litigation Group Member; Traumatic Brain Injury Group Member; American Association for Justice.
April 2016-present. Full Court Marketing and Trial Strategies, Sparta, NJ. Marketing and Trial Consultant.
- Training for lawyers, law firms and legal staff in trial preparation and presentation through live workshops and video program series.
- Facilitation of Focus Groups
- Marketing training specific to law firms.
- Development of law firm websites and PR/ marketing plans.
September 2004 - June 2017. Laddey, Clark & Ryan, LLP, Attorneys at Law, Sparta, NJ. Partner (2012-2016), Of Counsel (2016-2017), Director-Blue Suit Trial Strategies Group; Director of Marketing; Personal Injury Practice Group Leader (2008-2016); Health/Wellness Committee Chair, Recruitment Committee Chair.
- Plaintiffs Personal Injury practice specializing in auto crashes and premises liability.
- Director of Blue Suit Trial Strategies trial consulting group - co-counsel agreements, referral agreements, development of Continuing Legal Education programming for attorneys and paralegals throughout the United States.
- Responsible for creating and facilitating law firm marketing plans including social media and print, event planning, community outreach programs, attorney training website design and content, and strategic planning.
- Recruitment of new attorneys, practice areas and legal staff.
- Assistant Municipal Prosecutor: Sparta, Ogdensburg, Hampton, Stillwater, Stanhope. (2005-2012.)
- Trustee, New Jersey State Bar Association (2015-present)
- Vice-Chair- NJSBA Amicus Committee (2016-2017)
- President, Sussex County Bar Association (2014-15)
- Trustee and Executive Officer, Sussex County Bar Association (2008-2013)
- National Trial Lawyers NJ "40 Under 40" - 2012, 2013, 2014
- NJ Super Lawyer Rising Star - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- NJ Law Journal New Leader of the Bar - 2012
- NJ Herald "20 Under 40" Outstanding Business and Community Leader - 2009
- NJ Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts 2009-2013
- Attorney Advisor, High Point Regional High School Mock Trial Team
- SCARC Foundation Board of Trustees 2009-11
- Team WEN (Women's Entrepreneurial Network) -President/Founder 2013-present
2003 - 2004. The Honorable Karen D. Russell J.S.C., Superior Court, Civil Division, Newton, NJ, Judicial Law Clerk
- Drafted statements of reasons and judicial opinions
- Performed extensive legal research and analysis
- Motion and order preparation
- Calendar and trial management
- Various administrative duties within the judicial chambers
2002 - 2003 - Center for Social Justice, Civil Litigation Clinic, Seton Hall Law School, Newark, NJ, Legal Intern
- Represented clients through court appearances in Federal and State Courts
- Drafted and filed various pleadings
September 2002 - December 2002 - The Honorable E. Scott Garrett, Assemblyman, 24th Legislative District,Newton, NJ. Legislative Intern
June 2002 - August 2002 - The Honorable Ronald B. Graves, J.S.C., Superior Court, Special Civil Part, Newton, NJ, Summer Judicial Externship
Professional Licenses and Memberships:
- New Jersey, December 2003; United States District Court, District of New Jersey,
- December 2003; United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit,
- March 2005; United States Supreme Court,
- February 2012; Member of the NJSBA, AAJ, Sussex County Bar Association and NJAJ; NJ Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts; Sussex County Chamber of Commerce; Team WEN (Women's Entrepreneurial Network).
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, NJ
- J.D., June 2003
- Rutgers College, New Brunswick, NJ
- B.A. History and Political Science, May 1998
Other Professional Experience:
- Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions, International Student Counselor.
- - Responsible for recruiting both undergraduate and transfer students to Seton Hall through college fairs and private and public-school visits.
- - Responsible for evaluating international student applications and assisting with obtaining student (F-1) Visas.
- - Developing and implementing strategic marketing plans for increasing student enrollment.
- - Created and oversaw student outreach program to potential incoming freshman.
- September 1998-August 1999 - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ, Admissions Counselor
- June 1997 - May 1998 - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, Assistant to the Associate Dean of Programming, Office of Student Activities
- - Re-designed and implemented new Rutgers Dining Plan for Rutgers College students.
- - Created the Red Lion Sports Caf© to assist in cross marketing athletic programs.
- - Develop and facilitate training programs for state employees in customer service.
- - Develop marketing concepts to attract students to various groups and activities.